Wednesday, June 28, 2006

I may be a convert...

to NL cash games that is.

After spending the evening working in the yard and attempting to get my kitchen in order I barely managed to log onto Poker Stars to get into my 9:30 "home" game. I wish I had missed it. After poorly playing A-10 and losing a third of my chips I flopped trip nines and decided to slowplay vs a very agressive player. It worked great until he filled up on the turn and I busted out 9th out of 11. Ouch. Guess it beats being the bubble boy. So after that I played some limit and a few SNG's and lost a bit more. Then came the NL cash game.

A friend of mine has been pestering me to play NL cash for some time now but I've stuck to limit and SNG's and MTT for NL play. Since Party has the fishiest players I headed over there for an hour session of .10-.25 NL and it was tasty. I 2 tabled and basically doubled up within that time frame. It's a small sample of course, but the play there is pretty bad. I'm still trying to get over my SNG mentality where paying attention to the blinds is of paramount importance. I've yet to read a book on NL cash games so I'm still a little cautious but the more I play the better I'll feel.

Speaking of books, I've just finished reading the 3rd Harrington on Holdem book and I really thought it added a lot to an already great series. In fact, HOH is the gold standard for tournaments and it's not even close.

For all my playing tonight I won a grand total of 36 cents. Fear me.

Bankroll $202.73

1 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

Just wait Maudie; as Iggy would say, I'm going to come out with an Uber post soon about cooking!

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home