Thursday, June 22, 2006

Goals

I've never really been a goal oriented person and I think that's hindered my growth as a poker player. Here it is a year after I started playing $.50-$1 limit and I'm currently grinding it at $1-$2. I never really had any goals and therefore I've stripped my bankroll by about $1,200 through cashouts and am only playing with a roll of about $250. For some this may be too small a roll for $1-$2 but I'll drop down if things get bad. Oh, I also play $11 SNG's. My BB/100 is 3.62 over 26,000 hands and my ITM for SNG's is prolly 50% or so (I don't keep good records on these. I know, bad Eric!) So with that in mind here are my short term goals for the rest of 2006:

1. Don't deposit or withdraw money
2. Keep better records in SNG's. ROI and ITM are must knows
3. Learn to utilize Poker Tracker to its fullest extent
4. Take a shot at $2-4 and the $22's when bankroll hits $600 and move back down if needed
5. Post daily results here to keep myself honest.

So with #5 in mind here are todays results and my starting bankroll for my goal:

Poker Stars SNG: -$11 (I won't bore you with back to back bad beat stories ;))
Party Poker LHE: -$3.50 (about 250 hands of blah)

So bankroll sits at: $264.44

Oh, and I play under the name griffondg on both sites in case you want to tag me as a fish ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home