Friday, June 16, 2006

I'm jealous

OK, so there's this chick named Julie Powell who became famous for cooking every recipe out of Julia Child's (as well as Simone Beck and some chick named Louisette something-or-other) book, Mastering the Art of French Cooking. She had a blog that's actually quite entertaining and it's linked here: http://blogs.salon.com/0001399/2002/08/25.html.

Why am I jealous? Maybe she has talent and I don't? Nah, it's because she made a commitment to do something really cool and stuck with it for an entire year. I mean this chick went through hell slaving away in a kitchen all night after busting her ass all day at work. I'm also jealous in that I wished I'D have thought of doing it when I was single and had no kids because I'm just crazy enough to have tried. Hell, she even got a book deal out of it (which I haven't read but will eventually I'm sure).

With 2 young children and an incredibly picky wife I could never take on a task like this now but if I could come up with something similar I'd love to give it a go. Any ideas? Bueller?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home