Sunday, June 18, 2006

What can you do?

I say this regarding the home game I played last night. 16 players and I consider myself one of the better ones playing but I was so card dead that I probably only saw 8-10 flops the entire evening. I busted out 8th and that was really just a matter of being swallowed up by the blinds. I know some players would say that you don't need good cards to win pots and I can somewhat agree up to a certain point, but honestly when you're continually getting 9-2 off suit there's not much you can do. The good news is that we played a losers game with 8 people and I got into the final 2. We agreed to chop the $80 and then play one more hand to determine the "winner." I won so the net for the night was $10 to the good. Not bad but frustrating. I haven't cashed in our main event for the past three times so I need a strong comeback next month.

Anyway, it's Fathers Day I'm going to enjoy the day with my family and grill some steaks later today. Happy Fathers Day to all dads out there.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ignatious said...

wooo! a poker chef! keep it up! :)

8:58 AM  
Blogger Eric said...

Wow, a comment from the Blogfather! I'm humbled :)

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home