Friday, June 23, 2006

Well that sucks

Here yesterday I'm talking about goals to move up and now I'm in fact moving down. Lost $60 today and I can decribe in one word why: Aces. Yes, in 600 hands I had them three times and ran into them three times. The three times I had them resulted in a net loss of $40. The three times I ran into them I had very good second best hands. Net result: loss of $30. Throw in three bust outs in SNG's, two by bad beats when I had a very good chance of cashing and there you go. I dropped down to $.50-$1 and won back a bit to lessen the sting. Don't get me wrong; this isn't a whiny post about bad beats because honestly as long as I make the right decisions I'm happy. If you stick around on my journey I promise to post it all, the good and the bad. If I go busto you'll be there with me (well, I hope not literally, the wife might get mad ;). Believe me, this is nothing. At the beginning of the year I went through a 180BB downswing that took me 2 months to get back to even.

The good news is that I started importing my SNG's into Poker Tracker; the bad news is that my ROI and ITM are at 0 ;). As you can tell, I usually just laugh off bad days at the "tables." Poker for me is really just a hobby and I have no intention of ever going pro. I've got a good job and I play for the thrill, competition and for a little spending money, plus I really do believe it gives you decision making skills that can cary over into the real world. Granted it's a hobby but still a degenerate one for me :)

Well, the clock is chiming midnite and it's my last day as an Illinois resident. After 39 years as an Illini I'm moving across the river into Iowa. In about 9 hours all hell will be breaking loose with buddies expecting beer and pizza showing up to get me moved.

BR update: $202.37

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home