Thursday, August 07, 2008

Tao 5th birthday tourney

K-3 OS. That's what I pushed with from the SB in an unopened pot. I busted. Let me take you through my tourney...

I'm at a table of people I don't know, other than some chick who I *think* may have been April from Hella Holdem. Fairly uneventful first few levels and I'm probably down to about 1,300 out of my initial 1,500 starting chips. Then I start catching cards...lots of cards. Pocket kings three times in two levels. Unfortunatley I only won the blinds twice and a small pot on the other. But I was also getting pocket 10's AK a few times and other nice cards. The next thing you know I have about 6K in chips and then the following hand happened and I was on my way:

Blinds are something like 100/200 and UTG limps and is folded around to me on the button and I raise to 1,200 or so with AQ. UTG calls. Flop comes 9-7-7 and UTG leads out for about 1,800. Decision time. I think he could be leading out with nothing and the pot is very juicy at this point so I decide to make a semi-bluff raise all in. He calls with 9-10 OS and is ahead. I catch a queen on the river and he immediately types "nice catch" to which I immediately respond "indeed.' All of a sudden I'm a playaaaa.

I continue to run goot and I hit by high mark of 16,500 when I bust a guy when my AK beats to AQ. At this point I'm in 3rd palce with 150 players left. I then proceed to lose a couple of key pots that would have made me the chip leader. I lose a race with JJ against AK when an A flops. I then lose a decent pot with 99 against KK. I the proceed to go card dead and am suddenly not even an average stack. That's when the hand that I busted on happened.

There are 58 players left and 54 get paid. Mind you, 54-34 is something like a $9 payday so it's not really even worth mentioning. I decide I don't care about just making the money, I'm in it to win it. When it's folded around to me I push figuring the guy only has me covered by a small amount and his range of hands he will call me with is pretty small. Unfortunately for me he had Ad10d and the A on the flop pretty much sealed my fate. It was fun, but it's a lot of work, those MTT. Back to the SNG grind for me.

Since my last post I've probably played 150 or so $6.50 turbos and have had some wild swings, with the latest on the upside. I'm up about a net $120 which is nothing considering the number of tourneys I've played, but I have had some horrendous beats so if I can catch a few breaks, or just have my 60-40's hold an expected number of times I should be up quite a bit more the next time I post.

GL me!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

So good......

5:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home