Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter and Poker

Ok, I really wish I had used my camera for Easter dinner because it was a smashing success. I roasted a leg of lamb with a citrus, garlic, Rosemary and mint paste and with a pan sauce with the left over fond, red wine, herbs and lamb juices that was dyno-MITE (said in my best JJ Walker voice). I wasn't sure how my wife and her family would like it since they're not the most adventurous of eaters and lamb is definitely something they're familiar with. They really liked it and I was shocked. I also cooked a bone-in ham in Coca Cola (use Pepsi and die!) with a Dijon mustard and brown sugar glaze and it was fantastic. Homemade dinner rolls, mashed potatoes, candied yams (the one thing I won't ever go near) and green beans almondine rounded out the meal. For once there was no dessert because I was just too stuffed afterwards to do anything but sit in my recliner. A great day.

So I've been dabbling in Sit N Goes on stars lately and I've had about break even success. Truthfully, it's been pretty dull and I've had a hard time getting the itch to play much since I'd rather practice my guitar in the little amount of free time I have.

I'm going to have a rant up here soon about foodie blogs. Yeah, I'm a food snob, but I can't fucking stand people who are bigger snobs than me ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home