Friday, October 19, 2007

Why Americans are Fat

So I just got back home after a week visiting our corporate HQ for a tech conference and I hate myself. I generally eat a pretty healthy diet that looks something like this during the work week:

Breakfast:
1 Balance Bar
2 cups of black coffee

Lunch:
Subway Sandwich (6 inch, no mayo, generally one of their "healthy" subs)
Baked Chips
Lo Cal lemonade (like the only diet pop I'll drink because it doesn't make me want to puke)

Dinner:
Whatever the hell I want to eat in moderation
2-3 beers / glasses of wine
some chocolate of some sort

Here is what my typical diet consisted of the past five days:

Breakfast (catered in):
Pecan Roll / Bagel with cream cheese / Bacon egg and cheese biscuit/ Jumbo Muffin etc...
Coffee

Lunch(catered in):
Shitloads of Mexican/Chinese/whatever
Coke
Dessert of some sort

Afternoon Snack (catered in):
Cookies or Rice Crispy treats or some other crap

Happy Hour (Restaurant):
2-3 beers / Cocktails

Dinner (Restaurant):
Assorted fried appetizers
Assorted crappy food
2-3 beers / glasses of wine

After Dinner Drinks (Hotel Bar):
2-6 Beers / shots

So as you can see I ate probably about three weeks' worth of food this week and I really wish I had some magical power where I could just purge it all up right now onto my keyboard so I can feel better. Americans are fat because WE EAT TOO DAMN MUCH. I am one of those people who can avoid temptation at the store by not buying junk food but put it front of my face I'll shovel it in like the rest of the herd. I hate it when my feeling of superiorty over the common man is trashed like this. Excuse me while I put my finger down my throat...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home