Tuesday, October 09, 2007

The Way to Cook...a Challenge.

OK, so the whole cooking every recipe from a Julia Child cookbook has been done already; by a better writer I might add. I, however, have no desire to quit my job and become a foodie, ala Julie Powell who had the whole Julie/Julia thing going for her. Besides, she did Mastering the Art of French Cooking, Volume 1 and my challenge involves cooking EVERY recipe from Julia's Way to Cook book. To me (and her), this is her true Magnum Opus. It has what my wife would call "normal" food like pizza and pasta and not just french "Foo Foo" food. I have not started cooking yet and in fact I'm having frozen french bread pizza for dinner (so sue me) but it's ON. I won't promise daily updates, but I'll at least try.

The rules are simple: I'll cook every recipe from the book at least once. I'm not including a timeframe because that's really not practical or even necessary; the entire goal of this boils down to getting my family and I to eat some new things and hopefully to discover some unknown treasures that would have otherwise passed us by. I don't know how many recipes are in the book and I'm unsure how I'll mark the ones I've completed but that will work itself out. And if there's something I JUST know will be disgusting? I'll make a small portion for myself just to say I did it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home