Saturday, May 26, 2007

Vegas Bound

Wow, two posts in a week, that hasn't happend since last summer. Now that I'm playing poker again (albeit at micro stakes right now) I guess I may post somewhat regularly now. I will also post more on cooking but not today.

I'm scheduled for a guys trip to Vegas in November so I'm pretty stoked about that. We'll be staying at the Hooters Hotel but I'm not sure where I'll be playing poker. I know the MGM is right accross the street so if Hooters is totally lame I'll probably end up there. My goal is to start playing more poker online to help fund my trip, or at least give me a poker bankroll. I'd like to take around $500 or so for dedicated poker playing or more if I can score online. Pretty small stake I agree, but I'll be with a bunch of friends so I'm sure there will be plenty of drinking involved.

I had like $7 left in my Stars account from when I cashed out my money for my Paris trip and I've been trying to build that up while the money I deposited in Epassporte is cleared. Wow, 10 days to get my money! That blows but there aren't many options available now. It'll be nice being able to play higher than .05-.10 or $1.20 SNG's! I've been re-reading all three volumes of HOH and damn those are good. Just let me re-emphisize how BAD I think the Sklanksy/Miller NL book is. I guess the fact I hate NL cash games clouds my opinion, but man oh man it's on a reading a physics text book level of boring.

Nothing to do with either poker or cooking but I've been jogging for the past 6 weeks and I love it. Working up to a 5K in a couple of weeks and then a big field 7 mile race here at the end of July. The course is very hilly and brutal so I want to be prepared for that. I've done the race a few times in the past but I plan on having my best race ever this year. I'm at about 180 pounds now and it would be really helpful if I could drop about 10 pounds by then. I'm down from about 185 in february so I'm on my way.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home