Thursday, March 27, 2008

About this Poker thing

So I'm trolling around the low limits on Stars doing the $5.50 SNG's lately and I'm doing something right I guess. In my last 4 tourneys I've had 2 firsts and a second, although I must say the tourney I just won happened because my jacks beat queens or I'd have been gone, but other than that it's almost too simple. Play tight, surf the web and listen to music and don't pay attention to the game the first few levels unless you get a monster or a free walk in the blinds. It's only when the blinds get to $50-100 do I really start focusing and by that point we've generally lost at least 2-3 players. I'm generally a fairly passive player if there's a table captain or generally aggressive player until I can catch some cards. If the table is overly passive I'll loosen up and look for easy money but I'll back down if someone plays back at me. Christ, it's hard NOT to at least make it down to the bubble with this strategy, although if you haven't caught any cards you'll generally be short stacked. Boring? Can be but heads up is always fun and I'd rather be bored in the money than not. I'm only playing one tourney at a time now but I may start upping it until I'm doing four at once. We'll see about that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home